Saturday, September 20, 2008

{ is it worth it............ }

Question#1:Is potty training worth it?
I guess what you consider "potty training" is will determine your answer. As for me I am still wiping poopie bums and worried more then ever about being "wet"! Caden has been in under-roos for the last two weeks and is doing so well!We are so proud of him. We struggle with the poop thing a little, but he is pee-pee potty trained, if you will:] I guess what I am trying to say is that I never understood how much of this process depended on me. You have to make sure the time span in between each one is not to long or to short (which I didn't know)! You have to make sure you realize how much liquid they are taking in, and most importantly love them and give them so much support even when your on your hands and knees scrubbing for the first 3 days:] I went straight to underwear, I read that it is less confusing and your process is faster. So imagine your little 19 month old waking up one morning and when you change his diaper you do not put one back on. Never again......until December when my other little man comes:] Answer: Yes it is worth it, we are saving money and I think that will really come into play when we will only have to buy the cute little tiny ones for the babe. And although I feel like it is way more work, and by work I mean the strain on the brain. The Lady that wrote the book that I read said that it is more parent potty training than it is student potty training.........That is for sure! I just wanted to let our family know that their little Caden is growing up so fast and we miss you and wish we were together for these huge milestones. When do they start wiping themselves? That might be when it really seems worth it:]
Question #2: Is being hungry, huge, and tired all day worth it?
Conversation#1 with lady at wal-mart 2 days ago.....
Rude Lady: oh any day now huh?
me: Oh I wish I am due the beginning of Dec.
Rude Lady: What? Are you serious? Is there two?
me: Well, (stunned) Nope there is just one at least that's what they tell me!
Rude Lady: Well that is one big baby if you ask me....good luck
Conversation#2 with my precious 19 month old riding in his car outside.......
Me:varooom, varooom (pushing him and tickling him)
Caden: (laughing, getting out of his car) Umm a momma turn
Me: No thank you sweet pea momma can't
Caden: oh, a big
Conversation #3 with my self everyday........
Me: Oh crap, this doesn't fit either
Me: (5 mins after) Yum that donut looks good
Me: you have already had 2
Me: remember your clothes don't fit and your only gettin' bigger
Me: Oh yeah, better not
Me: (approx. 30 sec. later sitting on the couch enjoying another donut) YUMMY:]

Answer: OF COURSE IT IS WORTH IT! There is nothing that I would rather be doing then preparing myself in soooo many ways to be a mother of another one of God's children. Even though I do eat alot of sweets I really do try to make sure that I am getting fruits and veggies. I always make sure that I have had my vitamins too:] And, even though I have had to tell Caden a number of times that I am too big to ride in his car, I guess I was just a little sensitive after the EXTREMELY rude Lady's remarks at Wal-Mart.

So here I am at 28 weeks feeling large, but loving my little man inside!
I apologize for the novel. I do not think that I have ever written this much on my blog! So to make a long story short I do believe that potty training and being pregnant are worth it, but boy do they both have some not so worth it things that follow right along with them:]

16 comments:

Kristen and Spencer said...

awww :) that was a fun post! Little Caden is growing up way fast! Already potty training?!? And you look way cute Brynne! Just ignore that rude lady!! We love you guys and miss you! Can't wait to see you for Christmas! (by the way, we are staying here for Christmas, so we will get to see you guys!) I'm definately excited!

Aly said...

Love that post. Treyton has the same undies and Caden! So, you guys up for trying it out again this weekend? Let me know!

Cam and Josie said...

Being a mom is SOOO worth it! ; ) You look gorgeous Brynne--you are DEFINITELY NOT carrying twins! Being pregnant automatically attracts rude, crazy people! I am so excited for your new little one, and good luck with potty training!

Ashley said...

Love it! You look adorable! Good luck with the potty training and remember it takes 21 days to make something a habit.

Reams Fam said...

Brynne, you look great! I love it how people can be so rude, I mean don't they think before they speak?! You definitely do not look like you are having twins or ready to pop! You look beautiful!

The Borlands said...

HAHA Brynne I am dieing over here! I was seriously laughing out loud! Oh I love you and I wish you would come visit me soon so we could laugh together! By the way, u are one hott momma- I love that pic of you! And give caden a kiss for me- i am so proud of him!

Nicole said...

Brynne you look great! Trust me I know exactly how you are feeling!!! I can't believe Caden is potty trained! That is amazing! I am not ready for that one yet! Hope you guys are doing great!

Daughter of God said...

the funniest thing from all of this is you are NOT BIG AT ALL!! but I also know that it doesn't matter what people think or say you still feel big. :] hang in there. :] love ya,
amy

Jenny said...

ah - i'm jealous that caden is already potty trained!! gabe loves to sit on the potty, but we have yet to make any progress there. my fantasy of only having one baby in diapers is quickly fading. what book is it that you're reading? and okay, that lady at walmart is crazy. you look great! i too have a sweet-tooth with this pregnancy! maybe our kiddo's will open the next ben & jerry's. :D

taylor nelson said...

wow. caden is growing up so fast:[ its weird.. i have never seen you PREGNANT before. haha. you look really cute. give peaunut a hug and kiss for me. la you louders!

Curt & Cassie Ford said...

You look great! Tell the lady at wal- mart she is an idiot. She's the same lady that is going to see you in December with your little boy dressed in blue with a blue blanket and tell you you have the cutest little girl. Some people are just oblivious. I really like your hair too. (Just so ya know)

Ashlee said...

So impressed that you potty trained Caden! I haven't even began to think about potty training Mac.

and you look beautiful and not huge at all.

Walkers said...

What is it about being pregnant that makes people think they can say whatever rude thing comes to mind- and why is that rude comment always something about being huge?!!! I am impressed that Caden is already potty trained- how long did it take you? I am trying to get pumped up to train Aleksandra. Any hints would be great!

Ashley said...

You are hilarious!! You do not look big at all! You are so tiny!! I mean I bet you can't even tell you're pregnant from the back!! I totally know how you feel though when people say that stuff! Atleast your pregnancy is going well. And I can't believe you are potty training Caden! I just can't do that right now. My kid can't talk well enough to tell me anything really besides what I think he's saying so I doubt he could tell me he has to pee. I tried once before his bath and he wouldn't but as soon as he got in the tub he did! LOL kids are great!

Keri said...

hey just dropped by for an update---so much going on! a Boy, potty training, still back east?! wow spence is not a good friend, he didn't know any of this! love blogging for that very reason! your looking great by the way, wal mart lady - please! you'd think that being a woman herself she would've know to just stop talking?! looks like you guys are having all kinds of new adventures. so fun!

jenni kaufusi said...

love your little belly it's so cute. I agree potty training is so worth it. I'm loving no diapers!