Friday, November 30, 2007

EAR INFECTIONS........................

My poor baby Caden has chronic ear infections. We have been to the doctor at least once every month since he was 4 months old. I have tried everything. I saw different doctors, different medicine, and different ways to feed him......... Nothing worked! This last week was for sure the worst. He was waking up every 3-4 hours just crying and nothing I did helped him.




So.......long story short welcome to my pharmacy. This does not include all of the anti-biotic that he was on every 2 weeks. After realizing that my son cannot be on anti-biotic for the rest of his life I went else where........out of all these options what do you think worked best?




YEP! Alternative medicine, I went to the health food store and spilled my guts. I was given medicine to help build back up his immune system, I was given a better vitamin, and the MIRACLE was the garlic drops for his ears. It has made such a big difference, and it has only been 2 days. So I am giving a shout out to Good Earth health food store for saving us!


Do any of your kids have ear infections? What did you do, I would love to know!

7 comments:

Tia J said...

No fun! I have to thank my lucky stars that Trae has only had one and Kira none so far! Caden's pictures are so sad you can just see he is not feeling good. Poor guy! Good Luck I wish I could tell you omething that works!

Todd said...

I am so sorry!!! There is nothing worse than a sick baby. I have cried many times at the doctors office right before they sent us off to the hospital. It does get better. At least it did with me. Good Luck!! Meg

Devri said...

Oh poor baby! That is so miserable. I had the same problem when I was a kid so they finally had to put tubes in my ears. The only thing I know is to keep his head propped up when he sleeps and keep his nose congestion under control. That makes a huge difference but you probably already knew that. I wish I knew something to help. :-( Good luck!

Walkers said...

Sorry to hear about Caden, porr litle guy. We have used alternative medicine for a lot fo things that the doctor just couldn't fix and have had great success! Glad to hear he is feeling better.

taylor nelson said...

Hello! Poor baby caden! At least he enjoys the "medcin" a little bit! La ya so much!

Reams Fam said...

Poor Caden! I the only that I have heard people doing when nothing else works is getting tubs out in their ears! The tubes help with the drainage and eventually work themselves out so they are not in their ears forever. Ear infections are not fun!

Trav and Linds said...

So sad Brynne! It makes me so sad when our little babies get sick. I agree with the tubes. All of my sister Nichole's kids had the same problem and that is what finally helped.